AMI Asset Management is a Los Angeles-based registered investment advisor with approximately $1.7 billion* in assets under management. The firm manages seven investment strategies including U.S. Large Capitalization Growth Equity, U.S. Small Capitalization Growth Equity, U.S. Small-Mid Capitalization Growth Equity, U.S Large Cap Equity Income, Taxable Fixed Income, Tax-Exempt Fixed Income and High-Yield Fixed Income. The management of the equity strategies and fixed income strategies are independent of each another. AMI is employee owned.
- 1975: Bill Tanner co-founded a business management accounting firm in Los Angeles which focused on managing the business affairs of individuals in the entertainment industry. During his time at the accounting firm, Mr. Tanner developed a form of a GARP strategy focused on investing in companies with recurring business models.
- 1994: AMI Asset Management Corporation, a registered investment advisor, is formed.
- 1998: Mr. Tanner begins managing large cap growth portfolios on behalf of his clients.
- 2000: Matt Humiston is hired to help formalize the business structure. Asset growth accelerates.
- 2005: Chris Sessing is hired from Crowell, Weedon & Co. to co-manage the equity portfolio with Mr. Tanner.
- 2008: AMI launches the AMI Small Cap Growth Equity strategy, which is managed in the same fashion as the large cap growth strategy but focuses on investing in domestic companies with a market capitalization typically between $500 million and $5 billion.
- 2012: Matt Dorband is hired to lead the institutional sales and marketing efforts.
- 2013: The firm's assets under management surpass $1 billion. AMI starts a third equity strategy, AMI SMID Cap Growth Equity, which focuses on investing in domestic companies with a market capitalization between $500 million and $15 billion.
- 2015: With the hiring of Senior Equity Analyst, Andrew Zamfotis, AMI expands its equity research team.
- 2016: Equity Analyst, Richard Schimobor, is hired to join the firm's equity research team. Rob Knowles joins the firm as Senior VP of Institutional Markets, expanding AMI's marketing & sales team.
- 2017: Andrew Zamfotis is promoted to Portfolio Manager.
*As of March 31, 2019